Rwanda Safari Tours and Holidays
Christened ‘the land of a thousand hills’ due to its beautiful hilly scenery, Rwanda is a fascinating East African travel destination.
Tanzania safari holidays are usually centred on the country's northern safari circuit that includes popular destinations such as Serengeti, Tarangire, Ngorongoro and Manyara national parks.
The small land-locked country that is surrounded by the Democratic Republic of Congo, Burundi, Tanzania and Uganda is home more than half of the world’s remaining group of the endangered mountain gorillas that number about 600 primates.
Most Rwanda safaris usually centre on gorilla trekking in the Virunga National Park, situated about 90km north-west of the capital Kigali, where tourists get the rare opportunity to watch families of mountain gorillas in their natural habitat.
Silver Africa offers exciting treks to the Virunga Mountains. The adventurous hike usually begins at Ruhengeri town, about 80km from Kigali, and takes anything between one and four hours through the dense bamboo forest.
Rwanda safaris that focus on gorilla tracking require permits that can be booked at the RDB Tourism and Conservation office. You are advised to book your permit early enough (at least three months in advance) to avoid last minute rush and possible disappointment.
Besides arranging gorilla treks, we help our customers to go on a Rwanda safari to outstanding wildlife destinations such as Nyungwe Forest and Akagera national parks. These destinations support a huge array of plants and animals species including elephant, buffalo and hippopotamus.
Check out our selection of safaris to Rwanda and choose the package that best suits you. As an alternative, you may ask our team of experienced travel experts to custom-make a trip that meets your needs and budget.
Day 01: 29TH JULY 2016 – MARA GAME RESERVE / NAIROBI / KIGALIBreakfast at the camp , depart and drive back to Nairobi , lunch at a city restaurant , after lunch transfer to the Airport for your flight to Kigali met on arrival by a Silver Africa Tours representative and transfer to your city hotel , dinner on own account overnight at Kigali Serena Hotel – BB
Day0 2:30TH JULY 2016- KIGALI CITY TOUR- VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARKIn the morning, optional Kigali city tour including a visit to the Genocide memorial, a grim reminder of a senseless massacre of innocent’s lives in 1994. Drive to Musanze in the northwest part of Rwanda, the main base town for Gorilla tracking. The drive is through beautiful rolling hills on a comfortable paved road (approximately 2.5 hours from Kigali). Overnight: GORILLA MOUNTAIN VIEW LODGE(FB)
Day03:31ST JULY 2016-VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK-MOUNTAIN GORILLASMorning wake-up call and breakfast, report to the park headquarters, for gorilla trekking formalities and briefing by the Volcanoes National Park’s guides on the gorillas’ etiquette. The gorilla group that you will visit will depend on the assignment of travelers to the seven habituated gorilla groups. Park rangers have already left to locate the 8 habituated Gorilla groups that are accessible to visitors. You will be assigned to a specific group of gorillas. Groups of trekkers will have a maximum of 8 visitors per gorilla family. Your trek will vary in length depending on which gorilla group you have been assigned to and will commence at about 7,000 feet of altitude in the upper terraced slopes of the volcano. Soon you will enter the forest of bamboo and thick undergrowth. You follow paths and the walking is steep but not overly strenuous. Nothing can prepare one for the impact of encountering a fully grown silverback gorilla: up to three times as bulky as the average man, yet remarkably peaceful and tolerant of human visitors. There are no words to describe the thrill of recognition attached to staring deep into the liquid brown eyes of these gentle giants, which share some 97% of their genes with humans. After locating your assigned Gorilla group you will spend one hour in their company before retracing your steps back down the volcano slopes. Lunch at the lodge. Afternoon, relax at the lodge or visit the twin lakes of BURERA & RUHONDO or Iby’Iwacu cultural village(at extra cost of USD 35 per person). Overnight: GORILLA MOUNTAIN VIEW LODGE(FB)
Day 04: 01ST AUGUST 2016- KIGALI /NAIROBIBreakfast at the lodge , depart and drive back to Kigali town , lunch at city restaurant , after lunch transfer to the Airport for your flight to Nairobi on arrival assisted at the Airport by a Silver Africa Tours representative and transfer to your city hotel , dinner on own account , overnight at Ole Sereni Hotel – BB .
Cost per Adult Sharing USD$3,425.00
Single room Supplement USD$ 395.00
Extra Cost – 1 night at Ole Sereni Hotel – BB
Cost per Adult Sharing USD$175.00
Cost per person in a single room USD$265.00
Standard quotation includes:
1. Accommodation in lodges as stipulated in the itinerary.
2. Transportation in Safari Land Cruiser 4x4 for easy game viewing & photography.
3. Services of an English speaking driver-guide and game viewing drives as indicated in the itinerary.
4. All Government taxes and levies.
5. Complimentary 500 ml mineral water per person per game drive in the safari vehicle.
6. All meet and greet services.
7. All arrival and departure transfers.
8. 24 hours stand-by contact number.
9. Meals as indicated in the itinerary.
10. Guaranteed window seat in each vehicle.
11. Two-way long range high frequency radio communication in each vehicle.
12. On safari accessories in each vehicle: - First-aid kit, wildlife books, a pair of binoculars, cool box and fire extinguisher.
13. One Gorilla permit
14. Local flight – Nairobi /Kigali /Nairobi .
Standard quotation excludes:
1. All items of personal nature e.g. telephone call bills, fax/email bills etc. Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and driver- guide(s). Budget approx. $ 2.00 – $ 4.00 per person per day for lodge and hotel staff, $ 1.00 per bag for porters and $ 5.00 - $ 10.00 per person per day for driver-guides).
2. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks,
3. Any local or international flight and departure taxes.
4. Laundry services.
5. Any other item(s) not included in our itinerary.
Kindly review and let me know if ok for confirmation .