9 days,departs November 2, 2015 with Silver Africa
Tour price*: $7,100.00 Singles add: $1,150.00
Safari lodges:Mara Intrepids Camp , Samburu Intrepids Camp , Sweetwaters Luxury Camp and Nairobi Serena Hotel .
Day 1: Arrive Nairobi,Kenya:Arrive in Nairobi met by a Silver Africa Tours representative , meet and greet and usher in to your transfer car for your transfer to your city hotel and check in to your elegant hotel, an oasis in the heart of this vibrant city. Rest of the day at leisure , dinner on own account , overnight at Nairobi Serena Hotel – ( BB)
Day 2: Nairobi | Animal Interactions:After breakfast, visit the Giraffe Center to watch semi-tame warthogs and hand feed the endangered, graceful Rothschild giraffes. Continue to Daphne Sheldrick’s Orphanage, where small elephants are cared for by extraordinarily attentive rangers who also stay with the young through the night. You learn about the devastating effects of poaching as well as how the orphaned animals, including rhinos, are reintroduced to the wild. Stop for a special Artisan Visit at Kazuri, a jewelry workshop created by and for women, and with the mission of providing employment for disadvantaged members of Kenyan society. Watch as these craftswomen fashion handmade ceramic beads into works of art. Return to your hotel and refresh before joining fellow guests for a special welcome dinner. (B, D)
Day 3: Nanyuki | Abundant Game Viewing: Drive to the Sweetwaters Reserve within the Ol Pejeta Conservancy at the foot of Mount Kenya. Set out on safari game drives, or, at an additional cost, take an escorted walk or a night game drive. You may even view game from your tent’s private veranda, which overlooks a frequented, floodlit waterhole and salt lick. Sweetwaters is an excellent place to see two of Africa’s most endangered species: black rhinos and chimpanzees. Special reserves keep them safe and help the species thrive. (B, L, D)
Day 4: Samburu Game Reserve | Animals and the Samburu:Journey to the Samburu Game Reserve, where your comfortable tented camp is perched on the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro
Day 5: Samburu Game Reserve | Village Visit:After an early-morning game drive, return to camp for a hot breakfast and time to relax. In the afternoon, another game drive reveals a different atmosphere as the reserve’s more nocturnal animals emerge in search of food. You also pay a visit to a local Samburu village to learn about the tribe’s traditional lifestyle and customs. (B, L, D)
Days 6-8: Masai Mara Game Reserve | Plains Explorations:Awaken to the sounds of the wilderness, and board a flight to the Masai Mara, your home for the next three days. Arrive at your luxury tented camp at the confluence of the Mara’s four game viewing regions. Take morning and afternoon game drives through the limitless landscape, looking for buffalo, elephants, rhinos, lions and leopards. You may also take an optional hot air balloon safari above this incredible landscape (at an additional expense). One evening, toast to a well-timed sunset right on the vast Mara with a classic Sundowner cocktail. On your last night, share in a memorable farewell dinner with your new friends, swapping tales of adventure from across this magnificent country.
Pay a meaningful visit to a local primary school, supported by A&K Philanthropy. (B, L, D)
Day 9: Depart Nairobi: Fly back to Nairobi, where you may relax in your dayroom until your international flight home. (B)
- All accommodations.
- Meals as specified.
- Arrival and departure transfers.
- Fully-guided sightseeing as noted in the itinerary.
- Bottled water supplied during Sightseeing.
- Handling of two pieces of baggage per person for international fights.
- Gratuities throughout, except to your Tour Director, and camp staff/driver-guides/rangers/trackers.
- Hotel taxes.
- Internal Airfare – Samburu / Mara and Mara / Nairobi is included in our land package .
- Explore distinct, wildlife-rich regions on a diverse itinerary featuring the northern bush lands of Samburu Game Reserve and the massive, acacia-dotted plains of the Masai Mara Game Reserve
- Visit Daphne Sheldrick’s Orphanage, where young elephants interact with handlers before returning to the wild
- Feed the tallest animal in the world at the Giraffe Center, a haven for the gentle giants
- Visit Kenya’s only chimpanzee sanctuary and one of the largest rhino sanctuaries in East Africa
- Acquaint yourself with the local Samburu people, who share their knowledge of fire-starting, spear-throwing and animal tracking, as well as beadwork and leatherwork
- Attend a Chef’s Table experience and cooking demonstration of Swahili-influenced dishes